The holidays are a time of joy, feasting, and families. But who says it can't also be a time for boosting your fitness together? This holiday season, sprinkle a little active fun into your festivities with these 10 family fitness challenges!
- Festive Scavenger Hunt Enjoy getting out of the house with a holiday scavenger hunt. Create a list of seasonal sights to find like the most decorated house or the coolest snowman. You can easily transform your walk or jog into an adventure!
- Groove to the Holiday Beats Crank up the holiday tunes and challenge each other to a dance-off. Whether it's "Jingle Bell Rock" or "All I Want for Christmas Is You," dancing is a fantastic way to work off that extra slice of pie and create fun memories.
- At-Home Holiday Bootcamp Transform your living room into a fitness bootcamp with exercise stations. Each station could be a present waiting to be unwrapped, revealing a fun, quick exercise.
- Winter Wonderland Relay Embrace the chill with a winter sports relay. From sledding dashes to snowball throwing contests, there's no shortage of ways to play in the snow while getting a great workout.
- Run or Walk for a Cause Many communities host holiday-themed runs or walks. Don your festive attire and join in as a family. It's a merry way to stay fit and support a good cause.
- Holiday Yoga Before the holidays get busy, gather your family for a peaceful yoga session. It's a wonderful way to foster relaxation and togetherness.
- Step Challenge Who doesn't love a little friendly competition? Use fitness trackers to set step goals. The person with the most steps could get to open the first gift or choose the holiday movie.
- DIY Holiday Obstacle Course Set up a holiday-themed obstacle course. Dash around snowmen, hop over holly, or shimmy under strings of lights. The more creative, the better!
- Classic Family Sports Tournament Whether it's basketball, soccer, or flag football, a sports match is a great way to get everyone moving. Plus, it's a chance to start a new holiday tradition (or continue an old one like a Turkey Bowl!).
- 'Planksgiving' Challenge Finally, why not try a "Planksgiving" challenge? Each day, as a family, hold a plank for as long as you can, adding a few seconds more every day.
These family fitness challenges are not just a way to keep active during the holidays; they're also a chance to create lasting memories. So this holiday season, get fit, move, and laugh as a family.
Tell us your favorite active holiday tradition in the comments!